Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Random thought of the night

Driving home from a movie (preview of Whip It, the roller derby movie, ya pervs) I had a little revelation. I was listening to the Smashing Pumpkins greatest hits. And you know what, some metalcore, death metal or hardcore band needs to cover their music. Like right now. SP had so many heavy riffs, ready to be taken, dropped in tuning and hammered the fuck out. And now I love Billy Corgan's voice, but just imagine his lyrics being growled out to a punishing version of The Everlasting Gaze

It'd be a sick song, am I right?

Or what about Bullet With Butterfly Wings


I'd listen to the album. Hell, I'd probably buy it.

And to all you guys that are thinking "SP are a bunch of pussies!" I'll respond eloquently and kindly... "Go fuck yourself."

Now get cracking bands!

No comments:

Post a Comment